Hi! I’m Aldric Tinker Toyad. Welcome to AldricToyad.com.
Who am I?
If you run a non-profit, a small-to-medium enterprise (SME), or your own professional agency, I help you raise your visibility and assert your credibility through informative and non-manipulative content.
I’m a communications consultant with experience in copy and content writing, digital strategy, social analytics, and digital marketing. I’ve dabbled in broadcasting (under Primeworks Studios Sdn Bhd) and public relations (with SPRG Malaysia & Ogilvy PR Malaysia).
Who Have I Worked With?
I’ve been writing since 2006. Some clients that benefited from my services include a Malaysian Senator (Ahli Dewan Negara), business/industry associations, highway operators, conglomerates, government ministries and agencies, advertising agencies, property development, a private college, a Ministry of Health Malaysia initiative promoting healthcare travel/medical tourism as well as an Anglican parish.
Who am I looking forward to work with?
Are you a…
- …a small-to-medium sized business?
- …a professional firm like a legal firm, accountancy firm, or audit firm?
- …a microenterprise with a headcount less than five involved in real estate, insurance, unit trust, personal finance, or mutual funds consulting?
- …a non-for-profit organisation, thinktank or advocacy group?
- …a politician or aspiring politician at the local, sub-national, or national arena?
- …a boutique management or communications consultancy?
- …a lecturer or professor at an institute of higher learning (i.e., university or college)?
Let’s connect and discuss how I can support you in your marketing, profiling, and communication strategy.
With regards to geography, I’m open to working with clients across the ASEAN and Asia-Pacific region. Working remotely for clients is aided by the various communication channels at our fingertips.
What about academic qualifications and professional certifications?
I’m a part-time student at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Malaysia. I started in October 2020. As of August 2021, I just concluded my First Year under their Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons) programme (LW213) offered by the university through the Institute of Continuing Education and Professional Studies (iCEPS).
This is my second round of taking the programme. I was a full-time student from 2004-2006 (Foundation in Law/PI005) and 2006-2008 (Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons) – LW213).
I hold the:
- Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health from Fajar International College;
- International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health by the National Examinations Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH);
- Basic Train-the-Trainer certificate from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
I’ve passed these examinations or attended these courses:
- Certified Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner conducted by Will Horton, DCPsy, of the National Federation of Neurlinguistic Psychology (NFNLP);
- Project Management Mastery conducted by the late Anthony Fernandez;
- Pre-Contract Examination for Insurance Agents (PCEIA) and the Certificate Examination in Investment-Linked Life Insurance (CEILLI) organised by the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII);
- Computerised Unit Trust Examination (CUTE) by the Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM);
- Real Estate Negotiator’s Registration Course conducted by the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) on behalf of the Board of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents and Property Managers Malaysia (BOVEAPM).
Disclaimer: I have not been associated with any insurance companies, fund houses, or real estate agencies for at least the last 24 months. I am not attached with any of the same currently.
What about the ‘personal’ side of Aldric?
I currently reside in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. I was born in Miri, Sarawak, to a Melanau father and an Iban mother. After 1995, Mom raised us with the support of her relatives and our Grandmom. I attended school in Miri, Betong, and Kuching. In 2004, I did my Law Matriculation/Foundation in Law (PI005) at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Kedah and proceeded to the Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons) programme in 2006. Unfortunately, I dropped out of law school in 2008.
What topics fascinate me?
- History (Asian & European);
- Theology (Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism);
- Politics & geopolitics;
- Law (constitutional law);
- Macroeconomics, business, personal finance and investment;
- Self-improvement and hypnosis;
- Chinese metaphysics and feng shui.
I enjoy swimming, going to the museums, and travel. I do binge watch YouTube on random topics like philosophy, Chinese history, and management consulting.
Apart from this website, you may find my profiles, pages, and channels here:-
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aldrictinkertoyad/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/AldricTinker/
- SlideShare: https://www.slideshare.net/AldricTinker1
- Facebook Page (Aldric Toyad): https://www.facebook.com/atinkertoyad
- Facebook Page (Advert Writer): https://www.facebook.com/advertwriter/
If you’re interested in checking out my résumé, click here.